Newsletter 27th January 2023
Dear Parents and Carers
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Dates of all events happening at Uplands Manor can be found on the calendar https://uplandsmanor.sch.life/Page/Calendar
Make sure you check it regularly as new dates will be added throughout the year
NEU teachers' planned strikes
You should have received a letter on paper, by email and via the School Gateway App, with information about the planned NEU Teachers' strike action - the first one is on Wednesday 1st February.
Please read the letter and follow the instructions in it.
Please note that there extra-curricular clubs
will be cancelled on Wednesday 1st February.
Please note that on Wednesday 1st February, the kitchen will be providing a reduced menu for those children who are given a place in school on the strike day. Please check Cypad for more information.
Extra-curricular clubs this half term
The Year 4 extra-curricular clubs, Guitar and Punjabi clubs will run from Monday 9th January - Friday 10th February (except for Girls' Football Club which finishes on Friday 3rd February).
All clubs finish at 4.15pm. Please be on time to collect your child.
If a club needs to be cancelled, we will give you as much notice as possible.
Please note that the boys' football club is not running until further notice due to staff absence.
- Wednesday 1st NEU Teachers' Strike - see letter
- Tuesday 7th Safer Internet Day
- Thursday 9th PC Jon Hewitt visiting Year 6
- Tuesday 14th 9am 2C class assembly
- Thursday 16th 9am RJC class assembly
- Friday 17th Last day of term
- MONDAY 20TH - FRIDAY 24TH - Half Term holiday
- Monday 27th School re-opens for all pupils
- Wednesday 1st 9am NEU Teachers' Strike day
- Thursday 2nd World Book Day
- Thursday 9th 9am RM class assembly
- Friday 10th 9am 5P class assembly
- Wednesday 15th NEU Teachers' Strike day
- Thursday 16th NEU Teachers' Strike day
- Tuesday 21st 3.30-6pm Pupil Progress meetings & Book Fair
- Thursday 23rd 3.30-6pm Pupil Progress meetings & Book Fair
- Friday 24th 9am 5W class assembly
C E L E B R A T I O N
We believe that it is important to celebrate achievements. As part of our 'Good to be Green' behaviour and reward system, each week, children may be given a certificate, a gold letter from a member of staff or a certificate from Mr Dickinson or Miss James. Here is a list of some of the children who have received an award this week:
- Adam A
- Amar H
- Riley R
- Kaidan C
- Niara for good behaviour
- Japneet for good behaviour
- Yusuf for good behaviour
Letters sent home recently
- NEU strike letter
- Sandwell Attendance letter
- Ofsted Monitoring Inspection outcome letter
- Reading Expectations
Nursery Time for Talk
In nursery we have been learning all about The Chinese New Year. Please talk to your child about any special occasions that they have celebrated with you, such as a birthday, Diwali, Christmas or Eid.
What did they do on this occasion?
How did they feel?
Did they wear or eat anything different to what they normally would?
Parenting Tips - Time Out
We have recently received very generous donations of furniture.
We would like to thank Levines (www.levinesfurniture.co.uk) and Capricorn Interiors (www.capricorninteriors.co.uk) for their donations of sofas for The Lodge and to ID Sofas (www.idsofasltd.co.uk) for their donation of a sofa and chair for the Community Room.
The Dorothy Parkes Centre
Autism West Midlands