Newsletter 17th March 2023
Dear Parents and Carers
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Dates of all events happening at Uplands Manor can be found on the calendar https://uplandsmanor.sch.life/Page/Calendar
Make sure you check it regularly as new dates will be added throughout the year
Extra-curricular clubs Spring 2
Y3, Guitar and Girls' Football Clubs end on Friday 31st March.
- Tuesday 21st 3.30-6pm Pupil Progress meetings & Book Fair
- Tuesday 21st 2pm Nursery Easter Stay & Play
- Wednesday 22nd 10.30am Nursery Easter Stay & Play
- Thursday 23rd Ramadan begins
- Thursday 23rd 2pm Nursery Easter Stay & Play
- Thursday 23rd 3.30-6pm Pupil Progress meetings & Book Fair
- Friday 24th 9am 5W class assembly
- Friday 24th 9am Year 4 Times Tables parent workshop
- Monday 27th Autism Acceptance Day
- Wednesday 29th 9am Year 3 Reading Workshop
- Thursday 30th 9am Reception Easter Bonnet Parade
- Thursday 30th 2.40pm Year 2 SATs meeting
- Friday 31st Last day of term
Pupil Progress Meetings & Book Fair Tuesday 21st and Thursday 23rd March 3.30 - 6pm.
Don't forget to book your Pupil Progress meeting appointments so you can hear all about your child's achievements in school.
When you arrive, why not have a chat to the volunteers on the community stands. These are organisations who work within our community to support you.
Do take a minute to find out what they have on offer for you and your children.
- 4Community Trust provide our Breakfast and After School wraparound care.
- The Dorothy Parkes Centre run events, children's groups as well as various courses and support
- Singlepoint offer various events, counselling and support for families of children attending Uplands
- The Girls' Friendly Society is a group which supports and nurtures girls to have confidence and a voice within out society
- Leicestershire Trading Services (LTS) provide our school meals. Come and try samples of the food your children have at lunch
- Travelling Books have lots of wonderful books on offer for different ages
At the book fair, there will be over 200 books for you and your child to choose from, starting at £2.99. Every book you buy can help to get FREE BOOKS for our school library.
You will be able to pay by cash, online at travellingbooks.co.uk/pay or by clicking on the the QR code.
Autism Acceptance Day
On Monday 27th March, we will be acknowledging Autism Acceptance week. This year's theme is colour. We would love to see children different shades of the same colour or as many colours as they can to represent that we are all different.
If you wish to make a donation, click
- Monday 3rd - Friday 14th School closed for Easter holiday
- Monday 17th School re-opens for all children
- Monday 17th & Wednesday 19th Year 4 talk by West Midlands Fire Brigade
- Monday 1st School closed for bank holiday
- Tuesday 2nd School re-opens for all pupils
- Wednesday 3rd 3H class assembly
- Monday 8th School closed for the King's Coronation (extra bank holiday)
- Tuesday 9th - Friday 12th Year 6 SATs week
- Wednesday 24th 3C class assembly
- Friday 26th Class photographs
- Monday 29th May - Friday 2nd June School closed for half term
2023 - 2024 Dates
Below is the list of term, training (we will confirm either January or February as soon as possible) and holiday dates for 2023 - 2024
C E L E B R A T I O N
Good to be Green Awards
- Fatima B
Parents, Carers, Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles of children who attend Uplands - we need you!
Do you have any spare time during the week? We would be very grateful for help with hearing our children read in school.
If you are interested and want to find out more, please email your full name, the names and classes of your children currently attending Uplands and the days/times you are able to offer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parenting Tips - Rewards & Consequences
4Community Trust - Easter
Easter Holiday and Food Club for children eligible for Free School Meals
Easter Holiday Club for all children
The Girls' Friendly Society at The Dorothy Parkes Centre
Sandwell Parents for Disabled Children
Voting in Sandwell
Sandwell Good to Know Newsletter
Click on the link below to read the latest Sandwell Good to Know Newsletter. It is full of lots of information with links to organisations and services that support families in Sandwell.